Brom Wrecker


My newest 3D modeling challenge for my upcoming demo reel. I wanted something with a lot of depth and refinement to create a fully rotational 3D model for digital display. This is an original Brom painting from 1996. It was tucked away in a lower corner of one of his painting books called Darkworks originally published in 1997. In my eyes, Brom’s paintings push the envelope as far as I would like when it comes to brush strokes. I am drawn to paintings that are roughly refined. I feel that the blotted color expresses better than over blending and absolute beauty. I always feel the characters are so well conceptualized, sketched and painted. That is why his work was an obvious choice for my own 3D practice. These models will be re-created in multiple sketched poses and then constructed and developed in 3D. Refining the digital sculpting in z-brush and accurate digitally painted textures interests me the most on this particular piece.

No comments: